Job Posting: Communications Coordinator
The American Center for Mongolian Studies (ACMS) is an American private, non-profit educational organization that supports academic projects and exchanges between the U.S. and Mongolia as part of the Inner Asian region, which includes Mongolia and the neighboring areas of China, Russia and Central Asia.
The ACMS is looking for a Communications Coordinator, who will:
- Promote and maintain the visibility and reputation of the ACMS and its work on social media, mailing lists, and website
- Manage and maintain good relationships with Mongolian media outlets to secure and grow media coverage
- Ensure quality video recordings and editing of select ACMS events and promotional materials
- Facilitate the research activities of international scholars working in Mongolia
- Act as liaison and representative for ACMS cultural heritage-related activities
- Assist in oral and written translation from both Mongolian to English and vice versa
- Assist in the development and identification of new programs and funding sources to support the mission of the ACMS CHP
- Oversee the annual communications budget and ensure its use is fully maximized and in line with ACMS financial policies and procedures
- Create informative, factual and interesting press releases, press kits, and related marketing materials.
- Assist in the operation of the ACMS office
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, or Mongolian Studies
- 2-4 years of experience in communications, public relations, or marketing
- Experience with social media platforms, mailing software and Adobe Creative Cloud suite preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer-focused mindset
- Experience with WordPress or CMS platforms preferred
- Fluent Mongolian and upper-intermediate English (written and spoken)
- Strong research skills, and the ability to work well with a team
- A solid understanding of Mongolian Studies, cultural heritage, and/or related fields is preferred.
This is a full-time position based on a year-long contract with the possibility of an extension. In order to apply, please submit the following materials (in English): a cover letter, current resume with contact information, and a list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 1, 2022, with the subject line “Application for Communications Coordinator”. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled but we strongly encourage you to send your application as soon as possible.