This webinar is intended to share information and answer questions related to the 2020 ACMS field school program taking place in Mongolia this summer. Program instructors will introduce their courses and answer questions related to the program, application, fellowships, academic credits, etc. This webinar will be recorded and made available through our website.
When: February 5, 2020 at 16:00-17:00 PST (19:00 EST; 08:00 February 5 in UB).
We suggest joining at least 15 minutes early to allow time to download and install Bluejeans.
Mongolia Field School 2020:
An interdisciplinary field school program taking place over three sessions (June 08-12; June 15-July 3; July 27-August 14) in summer 2020 in Mongolia. The field school is open to undergraduate and graduate students, faculty and life-long learners. The seven sessions being offered this year are:
- Visual Storytelling in Mongolia
- Word and Sound in Mongolian Culture
- Climate Change and Herding in Three Mongolian Eco-zones: Incontrovertible Warning Signs and Local Responses
- Climate Change and Public Health: Heat, Fire, Flood and Drought
- Gobi Futures: Navigating and Anticipating Change in a Transforming Desert
- Mongolian Buddhism, Nature, and Conservation
- Environment, Humans, and Mining in Northern Mongolia