International Study Programs
- The School for International Training (SIT) offers a one-semester study abroad program for international undergraduate students in Mongolia. The Mongolia: Culture and Development program focuses on strategies for development and efforts to protect indigenous cultural values. The program includes homestays in a nomadic camp. Scholarships are available.
- The National Security Education Program (NSEP) offers fellowships and scholarships forundergraduate and graduate students who are US citizens to organize programs for short and long-term language training and study in Mongolia.
- The Freeman-Asia Program run by the Institute for International Education offers scholarships for US undergraduates planning to study abroad in Asia for a summer, semester or academic year.
- The Fulbright U.S. Student Program sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, offers opportunities for recent graduates, postgraduate candidates, and developing professionals and artists to conduct career-launching study and research in Mongolia.
Mongolian Study Programs
- The National University of Mongolia (NUM) coordinates the International Summer School of Mongolian Language and Culture that offers five 2-week sessions of intensive Mongolian language training. Foreign students can also direct enroll in the NUM for a semester or academic year.
Mongolian Language Schools
- Santis Language Center specializes in programs that are tailored to individual students in a one to one or small group instructional setting. All courses are designed by Santis language coordinators to meet the students particular objectives in the language. The curriculum takes into account their interests and requirements. The length and schedule of the class are also determined by the students’ needs and personal demands. The students buy the number of hours they would like and then use them in the schedule that is most convenient to them. For more information visit www.santis.mn.
- The Prime Bridge School offers a variety of courses from the beginning to advanced levels. Its primary textbook for non-Mongolian students is the “Сайн Байна уу?” language books. Volunteer Service Overseas (VSO) volunteers are often trained at the bridge school during their pre-service training.
- The Mostaert Center offers a library of books and study area for students within its larger Catholic center. Students can study in groups or individually. Full time study is 15 hours a week for 22 weeks, part time study is also available. For more information contact (976) 11-354463.