After carefully monitoring the COVID situation in Mongolia and abroad, we are confirming that based on current information and projections for summer, we are planning to run the in-country Mongolia Field School for summer 2022.
Priority deadline extended to March 31
To facilitate participation, we are extending the Field School Priority Application deadline to March 31, 2022. All applicants who apply by this deadline will be eligible for fellowships of up to $2,000. The regular deadline is April 30, 2022.
Government of Mongolia’s new decision
The Government of Mongolia downgraded its emergency level related to COVID-19 from orange to yellow, opening its border to foreign travelers. All applicants are required to be fully vaccinated and the ACMS will be complying with all safety requirements throughout the program in Mongolia.
Five courses of Summer 2022
The 2022 ACMS Mongolia Field School includes 5 courses, which are:
- Word and Sound in Mongolian Culture (June 20 – 29)
- Climate Change and Herding: Incontrovertible Warning Signs and Local Responses (June 20 – July 3)
- Mongolian Buddhism, Nature, and Conservation (June 20 – July 7)
- Climate Change and Public Health: What does climate change mean for the people of Mongolia? (June 20 – July 7)
- Environment, Humans, and Mining in Northern Mongolia (July 25 – August 12)
Webinar for interested participants
Please join us for a webinar session on March 1, at 6pm PT | 8pm CT| 9pm ET where we will review the course offerings with program instructors. To attend the webinar please use this link:
The posters for the courses with the updated deadline can be downloaded below: