The American Center for Mongolian Studies (ACMS) is seeking an assistant to support the logistics and delivery of the 2023 Mongolia Field School to be held in Ulaanbaatar and rural areas of Mongolia in June and July 2023.
The position will require full-time on-site work from the ACMS office in Ulaanbaatar from May 15 - July 15, 2023.
The qualifications of a successful candidate will generally include:
- Experience working with international visitors in Mongolia through academic programs, tourism leadership, or work experience
- A university degree and experience working within academic settings
- Advanced English required
The Field School Coordinator will work closely with ACMS staff members to:
- Support logistical planning for the Field School including transportation, accommodation and meals, safety, and other aspects of the program together with program faculty and ACMS staff
- Communicate with course instructors on logistical support
- Assist in the logistics and dissemination of pre-arrival materials including orientation and course packets, travel information for participants, safety plans and other materials.
- Assist the delivery of the program orientation and group activities in Ulaanbaatar
- Support the successful delivery of Field School courses
- Act as the primary logistical point person in the field
- Gather feedback and information from participants and write post-program evaluations
Applications must be submitted no later than May 10, 2023 to email@example.com with the subject line “Application for Field School Assistant Coordinator”. Interested applicants should submit their resume and a cover letter.