The American Center for Mongolian Studies (ACMS) seeks an entrepreneurial Executive Director to be based in its Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia office who can lead the development of new programs and projects. The ACMS is a non-profit, non-governmental educational organization that supports the development of Mongolian Studies and academic exchanges with Inner Asia. The ACMS is a member of the Council of American Overseas Research Centers (CAORC) with funding from the US government, private foundations and member institutions and individuals. For more information on the ACMS, please visit www.mongoliacenter.org.
The Executive Director will be responsible for the management of the ACMS Ulaanbaatar office, staff and programs, and lead the development of new programs and partnerships in Mongolia and abroad. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will lead strategic planning and oversight of the programmatic and financial activities of the organization. The position requires an ability to work effectively with international and Mongolian academic institutions, scholars and students, international donor and aid agencies, and the public. Ideally the Executive Director will have an advanced academic degree and experience with academic research and academic institutions in North American and Mongolia, experience with grant writing and reporting, and innovative ideas for program development and potential partnerships.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Experience as a leader in a non-profit or educational organization.
- Experience and demonstrated success with grant writing, fundraising, program development and program implementation.
- Experience developing and overseeing budgets, financial reporting and the administrative aspects of running a non-profit organization.
- Experience working with a higher education institution or associated organization.
- Experience living and working in Mongolia, including Mongolian language abilities.
- An advanced academic degree.
Application materials required include:
* A cover letter that summarizes your interest in the position and relevant experience
* A current CV with contact information
* A list of three references. References will only be contacted for short-listed candidates.
Please submit your application as an email attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be screened on submission. Screening of applications will begin August 1, 2020. The position will remain open and accept applications until a suitable candidate is identified.
For questions about the position, please email: email@example.com
The ACMS does not discriminate in employment on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability status or religion.
ACMS Mission Statement:
The American Center for Mongolian Studies (ACMS) is a non-profit educational organization that supports the development of Mongolian Studies and academic exchanges with Inner Asia. The activities of the ACMS include the development of academic resources, student and research support and the fostering of academic partnerships in all fields of study related to Mongolia.